Carbonite Hybrid Backup Powered by EVault
Cloud and onsite backup delivered as a service.
Discover how Carbonite Hybrid Backup Powered by EVault can protect your business with cloud and onsite backup.
Hybrid backup solutions offer the best of both worlds
Carbonite Hybrid Backup protects your data footprint both onsite and in the cloud. Local backup allows you to recover files quickly and cloud backup provides protection from a wide range of threats, including malware, hardware failure, natural disasters and human error.
- Restore data from the cloud or appliance to any recovery point.
- Protect up to 24TB with as-a-service pricing and up to 170TB with appliance purchase.
- Link branch offices to HQ between data centers and to the cloud.
How it works
Back up data onsite, then to the Carbonite cloud...
- Subscription includes hardware, software and a year of version history stored in the cloud.
- We’ll send you an appliance to back up the data you have on your servers.
- Initial configuration is automatic. Just plug in our appliance and install the Carbonite agent software on each server that needs protection.
- Backups are sent by the software agent on each protected device directly to the appliance onsite.
- Those onsite backups are then replicated to the Carbonite cloud.
...and restore data in just a few clicks
- Using the Carbonite online portal, simply choose a recovery point and target system.
- Then select the files, folders or servers to restore—or use the bare metal restore option to recover an entire site.
Less than 1 TB of data? Consider our smaller appliance
Our compact onsite appliance stores a year of backup history in the cloud and requires no rack mount. Wizard-based installation takes only a few minutes, after which your data is backed up both locally and in the Carbonite cloud. And you can recover data anytime with all the flexibility of our larger appliances.
- Centralized, web-based dashboard
- End-to-end encryption—AES 256-bit private key encryption and TLS/SSL transport security
- Flexible retention options, up to 7 years
- Supports over 200 operating system versions, applications and platforms
- Award-winning technical support available 24/7
Operating systems and hypervisors
- Linux (RedHat and SuSE)
- VMware and Hyper-V
- IBM AIX
- IBM iSeries
Application-aware agent plugins
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Oracle DB
Carbonite Hybrid Backup
Learn how Carbonite combines the speed of local recovery with the protection of version history stored in the cloud—giving businesses the benefit of both backups.Download now
What to consider when looking for cloud-powered data protection
Explore economic and operational advantages of cloud-based backup, and discover how organizations are leveraging the cloud to address data durability and disaster recovery.Download now
Gartner sees cost savings in backup with help from the cloud
This Gartner report highlights how I&O leaders responsible for storage can reduce costs by rethinking their backup procedures and adopting a tiered approach to backing up systems and data. Report only available until 12/31/17.Download now